help VO launch our program for
Youth Volunteer Advocates
Join the Youth Volunteer Advocates (YVA) Project with Volunteer Ottawa!
Are you a young individual eager to contribute to your community? The YVA Project is your opportunity to make a real impact while developing leadership, advocacy, and communication skills. As a member of our initial cohort, you’ll actively influence the program’s direction and gain hands-on experience, all by dedicating just 2 hours a week for the next 8 months.
Ready to take the first step? Click here to sign up and become part of a network dedicated to creating positive change. Together, we aim to make a meaningful impact and inspire advocacy. This journey offers opportunities for personal growth, and we invite you to be part of this initiative. Join us in the path of youth volunteering advocacy!
The first YVA cohort will:
- Be an instrumental part of creating a new ongoing program
- Gain real-world skills for your resume
- Network with peers and local organizations
- Leave a legacy that will inspire future youth volunteers
What to Expect
- Potential participants can sign up via the interest form to be considered for the first cohort of Youth Volunteer Advocates
- Time committment requested is 2 hours a week for 8 to 9 months, starting in late 2023
- The program will be hybrid in order to be more accessible to the selected YVAs
- If selected to be in the first YVA cohort, you will:
- Work with Volunteer Ottawa’s Volunteer Services Coordinator to develop a new peer-to-peer program to help youth access volunteering activities
- Identify barriers to volunteering for youth in Ottawa and brainstorm how VO and the YVA program can help
- Develop outreach and training material for the ongoing program and provide valuable insight
- Recruit and train the next generation of Youth Volunteer Advocates with the support of the VO team