(This is a bilingual English and French volunteer position)
Purpose: Receive and call back community members seeking a Food Bank appointment.
Time Commitment: On-going
Required: 2 valid doses of COVID19 vaccinations
Qualifications: Interpersonal skills, Compassionate, Empathetic reliable and punctual
Description: This is a sitting position
Contact with community members: No
• Receive and call back community members seeking a Food Bank appointment
• Give information on the appointment process when they are new Food Bank members
• Work with our Google appointment chart to register Food Bank appointments
• Create new Food Bank community member profile in the Ottawa Food Bank Link2feed database. Training will be provided
• Report any client problem to supervisor
Time and day:
• Monday 9:00 to noon (1 position)
• Wednesday: 9:00 to noon (1 position)
• Start date: As soon as possible
Free parking is available. We have a bus stop right at the front entrance.
We provide hand sanitizer and we keep 2-meter distance as required
Sign in sheet when arriving.
Located at 815 Blvd St Laurent (north side of the building)
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
It will give them the opportunity to practice important skills used in the workplace, such as teamwork, communication, problem solving, project planning, task management, and organization.
How will the organization benefit?
Our organization will benefit from the reliability of volunteers to help deliver important services to our community and for our daily operations. We are unable to function without volunteers.
815 St. Laurent Blvd
unit 3 - CRC Rideau Rockcliffe CRC
Share this volunteer opportunity