Volunteer Graphic Designer
Shelter Movers is a national, volunteer-powered charitable organization providing moving and storage services at no cost to individuals and families fleeing abuse. We collaborate with local businesses and community agencies to support people, primarily women and children, as they transition to a life free of violence. Volunteer Graphic Designers have an integral role in the Marketing Team of Shelter Movers Main responsibilities include planning, designing, and producing graphics and communication materials for promotional use. Shelter Movers volunteers must be at least 18 years of age or older and be residing in Canada.
If you are passionate about giving back to your community and enjoy creating content and visual graphics this is the role for you! We are looking for self driven, innovative individuals who have reliable work habits and strong organizational skills. Having experience or background in Marketing Communications, Graphic Design, Public Relations or Journalism is not required but considered an asset. Knowledge of WordPress, web content creation, professional experience using social media, particularly Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn (as well as social media management tools like HootSuite) is not required but considered an asset.
– Collaborate with Fund Development Team, local and national Marketing Teams on ongoing projects, promotional events and other marketing avenues
– Planning, designing and creating graphic and visual elements or materials to promote Shelter Movers and its mission, including all Shelter Movers Ottawa events
– Collaborate with Marketing Team and Manager to create, design content for communication materials for internal and external use, including reports, newsletters, information pages, presentations, social media campaigns, website design, emails and other digital correspondence
– Ensure all designs are created according to Shelter Movers’ brand guidelines and easily accessible to the Marketing, Fund Development, and National team.
Time Commitment – 3-5 hours a week. Depending on the occurrence of projects or events. This is a work-from-home position, with occasional meetings. A 3 to 6 month commitment is strongly preferred.
How to apply:
To express your interest in this role, please email [email protected], and include “Volunteer Graphic Designer” in the subject line. We will provide you with instructions for next steps!
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
- You’ll be making a positive impact helping individuals and families transition away from violence and abuse.
- You’ll receive training in preparation for your role, and have access to ongoing training opportunities.
- You’ll work with a great team of passionate volunteers and supporters.
- After 3 months of satisfactory service, a confirmation of volunteering can be provided. After 6 months, we'd be happy to provide a personalized reference letter.
How will the organization benefit?
Effective content and active social media presence helps us to raise awareness of the need for our services within the community. WIth increased awareness we are able to secure more funding and recruit additional volunteers, this directly translates to a greater number of individuals and families we can support.
Share this volunteer opportunity