Treasurer, Ottawa Branch
Position: Treasurer, Ottawa Branch (Executive Committee position, 1year term)
As a member of the Ottawa Board Executive Committee the Treasurer for the Ottawa Branch will oversee its financial matters in line with good practice and in accordance with the governing document and legal requirements and report on its financial health to the Committee at regular intervals.
The Treasurer will ensure that effective financial measures, controls and procedures are put in place, and are appropriate for the Branch.
Scope of Responsibilities:
• Prepare and submit monthly financial statement to the Ottawa Board Executive Committee for review and approval.
• Prepare budget for the Branch.
• Manage and reconcile the Branch’s bank accounts.
• Enter income and expenses into QuickBooks for each account.
• Issue cheques to suppliers.
• Extract bank statements from RBC website.
• Approve expenditures for batting and flannel.
• Track expenses for any grants received.
• Prepare and submit bingo licence application to Friends Bingo Hall every 6 months.
• Prepare and submit monthly bingo report to City of Ottawa.
• Act as key contact for Friends Bingo Hall.
• Perform other related duties as required by the Ottawa Board Executive Committee.
Skills, experience, qualifications required:
• Sound working knowledge of accounting practices.
• Experience in using accounting software such as QuickBooks Online or similar accounting software.
• Experience with MS Word and Excel.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Ability to work independently within a team environment.
• Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
Level of Effort:
• 5-7 hours per month.
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
This opportunity will allow your experience and skills to contribute meaningfully to the successful delivery of our mission while enriching your community involvement.
How will the organization benefit?
This position will ensure that effective financial measures, controls and procedures are put in place, and are appropriate for the Branch.
454-1568 Merivale Road
Ottawa, ON K2G 5Y7
Please note: This position is remote based.
Share this volunteer opportunity