Health and Wellness - Community Kitchen
We provide safe spaces that connect people and create community. We offer programs that address basic human needs and foster dignity, wellness and hope for all.
An inclusive community where no one is marginalized, and everyone is valued and supported.
“We serve a community with complex needs. All Programs are designed with inclusivity in mind”
Health and Wellness – Community Kitchen
Availability: half day sessions 8am-11:00 AM or 12PM -3 PM weekly per Day Program.
• A passion for healthful cooking
• Safe Food Handling certificate, (or willing to be trained)
• Police records check for the vulnerable sector
• May need to adhere to any O.P.H. directives i.e., Masks, proof of Covid vaccines
• Oversee selection of approved recipes and or menu with the following considerations:
Target audience, single and possibly living in a rooming house.
• Will Coordinate activities for meal prep with groups and/or the participants
• Opportunity to work with groups that celebrate diversity with heritage meals (i.e., Cultural, special holidays)
• Will distribute handouts (provided by a staff) re nutritional information and recipes
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
Doing good for others and the community helps to create a natural sense of accomplishment. And working as a volunteer can also give you a sense of pride and identity, helping to boost your self-confidence further by taking you out of your natural comfort zone and environment.
How will the organization benefit?
Volunteers are vital to The Community Day Programs day-to-day operations. As a non-profit organization, we cannot provide the support we do without the commitment of our community volunteers.
760 Somerset St. W, Ottawa, ON., 454 King Edward Ave. Ottawa, 154 Somerset St. W., Ottawa, ON.
Share this volunteer opportunity