Reception and Administration
*Monday to Friday, 10:30 to 5pm* (Looking for a minimum of 3 months)
– Answering phone calls
– Booking Appointments
– Checking and responding to email
– Assisting with errands as requested by Team Lead and Supervisor
– Using Computer Software such Microsoft Word , Excel and Google Mail
– Keeping the front and work area organized and functional
– knowledge of operating printer, fax, scanner, photocopier and shredder
– filing files in a filing cabinet
– general cleaning and tidying of workspace and surroundings
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
This will benefit the volunteer in that it will help the organization in itself operate in an organized fashion and thus encourage functionality and ease of flow in the services that the organization provides.
It will allow for the volunteer to gain experience in people relations, especially in the unique clientele that the organization attracts. As well, the volunteer will gain hands on experience working in this genre of an office setting and role.
How will the organization benefit?
The organization will benefit in that it will have someone at the front to help initiate an inclusive welcoming presence to the organization to the unique clientele. The organization will have someone they can rely on for running services smoothly and in an efficient manner.
Onyx Community Services (Non-Profit Organization) - Located in Basement of CMHA Building
Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA)
311 McArthur Avenue
Ottawa (Vanier), Ontario
Share this volunteer opportunity