Programming Course Instructor
Do you have a passion for coding and a desire to share your knowledge and skills? Do you want to make a difference in the world by helping others to learn how to code?
If your answer is yes, then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Kurius is a non-profit coding education organization that aims to provide free and accessible programming courses to anyone who wants to learn. We teach the fundamental concepts of various popular programming languages.
We are looking for volunteer instructors to help us run our online courses. As an instructor, you will be responsible for:
– Preparing and delivering engaging lessons based on a curriculum aligned with your knowledge and strengths
– Providing feedback and support to students during the course
– Collaborating with other instructors and staff members to ensure the quality and consistency of our courses
To be an instructor, you need to have:
– A solid understanding of the programming language(s) that you want to teach
– A friendly and patient personality that can motivate and inspire students
– A flexible schedule that can accommodate one lesson per week (each course lasts for 9 weeks, with one 1.5-hour session per week)
– A commitment to our values of inclusivity, diversity, and empowerment
By joining Kurius as an instructor, you will benefit from:
– Connecting with a network of like-minded peers, students, and mentors
– Enhancing your resume and portfolio with your teaching achievements
– Gaining confidence and experience and making a positive impact on the lives of your students through your work
– Receiving volunteer hours for your work
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer instructor, please fill out this form by October 28, and we will get back to you soon: https://forms.gle/3sDP4RWpJMAS1iso9
Thank you for your interest and support!
For more information about us, check out our website at kurius.ca, or join our Discord server: discord.gg/K2nVz8ecHN
Share this volunteer opportunity