Ottawa Power Wheelchair Hockey League Seek Program Manager
The Ottawa Power Wheelchair Hockey League (OPWHL) is a floor hockey league, established in the fall of 2009, to provide a quality, organized, recreational and social program for people with disabilities. All of the players use power wheelchairs and have limited or no upper body strength and/or mobility and yet they can play hockey, excel and significantly benefit from participating in sport.
We are currently seeking a volunteer for a Program Manager.
This position entails being onsite for our weekly league games, and managing our roster of volunteers to be positioned and setup to complete the essential tasks required for our game-day operations.
• Onsite supervision and management of operations to oversee and ensure our weekly two league games runs successfully and on schedule
• Coordinate and manage our roster of volunteers onsite and ensure that they are appropriately positioned and supported in the required tasks for the day
• Communicate with our volunteers and players to ensure they are set up for success, or have what they need for their game
• Oversee the setup and tear down of the gym playing surface at the start and end of game times
• Strong communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
Location: Greenboro Community Center (363 Lorry Greenberg Drive)
Day of Week and Time: Sunday 12:15-3:00PM
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
Being part of our organization provide volunteers hands-on experience working in a community like none other. This experience will be great for those looking to pursue a profession in physical therapy, occupational therapy, sports and recreation and many others. This role would also foster skills that would transition well to People Management, Human Resources, and Operational roles.
How will the organization benefit?
Volunteering is also beneficial to those looking to make a large impact on our player's lives. Our players look forward to playing hockey all week, and it would not be possible without the help of our amazing volunteers. Knowing that, our volunteers feel extremely rewarded and fulfilled that they can make such a positive impact on our player's experience within our program, and lives.
The Ottawa Power Wheelchair Hockey League is unique in that every member is a volunteer. They are at the heart of this organization!
If interested, please apply directly or contact me personally via e-mail at [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you!
363 Lorry Greenberg Drive (Greenboro Community Centre)
Share this volunteer opportunity