National Treasurer (Revised)
Position: National Treasurer (Board position, 1year term)
Reporting to the Executive Director and Board of Directors, our Treasurer oversees all financial matters of Victoria’s Quilts Canada, ensuring they are consistent with generally accepted accounting principles, and in accordance with VQC governance and all legal requirements.
Scope of Responsibilities:
• Issue cheques to suppliers for expenses incurred by the VQC National office.
• Monthly, reconcile QuickBooks entries for National with bank statement.
• Monthly, calculate and pay out branch donations and other funds received at National for branches.
• Produce and present a monthly financial statement and report for the National Board of Directors.
• Produce GST report twice a year and file report with CRA to obtain refund.
• Calculate and submit annual levy for branches for Board approval; send to branches for payment.
• Liaise with banks regarding VQC branch accounts, credit cards, and executive or branch signatory changes.
• Process credit card donations.
• Provide advice to branch treasurers, particularly new treasures on financial matters; refer procedural issues to the Finance Team.
• Consult with the Finance Team members who conduct a range of tasks, including data entry, branch financial report reconciliation and generation of tax receipts; provide general direction and coaching when required.
• Represent VQC with the auditor and compile and deliver all required documentation at year-end.
Monthly, calculate and pay out branch donations and other funds received at National for branches.
Skills, experience, qualifications required:
• Sound working knowledge of accounting practices.
• Experience in using accounting software such as Quickbooks Online.
• Experience with MS Word and Excel.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Ability to work independently within a team environment.
• Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
Level of Effort:
• Less than 20 hours per month.
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
This is the type of opportunity that will allow your experience and skills to contribute meaningfully to the successful delivery of our mission while enriching your community involvement.
How will the organization benefit?
The position of National Treasurer is key to our ability to achieve the successful delivery of our mission: to provide comfort quilts to those living with cancer. This position will ensure that our financial matters are in line with good practice and in accordance with our governing document and legal requirements.
454-1568 Merivale Road
Ottawa ON K2G 5Y7
Please note: This is a remote based position
Share this volunteer opportunity