Kitchen Support Belong Ottawa at Centre 454
We provide safe spaces that connect people and create community. We offer programs that address basic human needs and foster dignity, wellness, and hope for all.
An inclusive community where no one is marginalized, and everyone is valued and supported.
Volunteers are vital to Belong Ottawa day-to-day operations. As a non-profit organization, we cannot provide the support we do without the commitment of our community volunteers.
Operated by the Anglican Diocese of Ottawa, these three-day programs are pillars in the social service sector of Ottawa, providing supports and a suite of services for those who are experiencing poverty or homelessness or who are precariously housed. Our doors are open to all seeking belonging, support, safety, and community. We work to empower people to discover their potential and achieve their goals.
We are committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment. We welcome candidates from diverse life experiences and backgrounds.
Position: Kitchen– Assisting with kitchen duties
Half day sessions 8 -11:30 AM or 11:30 AM – 3 PM weekly.
• Fluent in English – bilingualism an asset.
• Comfortable working with little supervision
• Personable, friendly, and outgoing
• Current Police background check for the vulnerable sector
• Preparing coffee\tea, keeping station replenished and cleaned
• Plating meals and or snacks, serving cafeteria style
• Keeping cupboards and drawers organized
• Collecting of mugs and dishes, use of dishwasher
• Volunteers will sign in and out after each session to capture volunteer hours
454 King Edward Ave. Ottawa, ON. K1N 7M8
Share this volunteer opportunity