Infection Prevention & Control Volunteer
Carlingview Manor Long Term Care is looking for knowledgeable and enthusiastic Infection Prevention and Control volunteers to join our facility and assist in implementing evidence-based IPAC programs and practices in the home.
The IPAC volunteer will work with the IPAC Manager and other staff members to facilitate effective change through the application of best practice recommendations with the goal of improving resident outcomes and preventing disease outbreaks.
As an IPAC volunteer, you will be involved in:
• Effective implementation of infection prevention and control practices in the home
• Participate in infection surveillance programs as well as outbreak management
• Assist in providing IPAC education to staff and residents
• Will be trained to conduct IPAC audits for compliance with protocols
• Assist in reviewing MOHLTC guidance and subsequent communication to staff and residents when necessary.
• Participate in monitoring and evaluation of IPAC program in the home in coordination with the IPAC Manager
• Should be able to identify IPAC concerns, conduct an IPAC risk assessment and communicate findings to the IPAC team
• Analyze infection trends, and risk factors, and evaluate prevention and control strategies
• May be required to conduct a literature search and review for evidence-based IPAC best practice guidelines
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
By volunteering with the IPAC Team at CVM, the individual will be trained in relevant IPAC and public health programs and practices, in addition to mentorship from an experienced IPAC Specialist.
How will the organization benefit?
At CVM, we value the support of our volunteers. Volunteers in health care are known to assist in various non-regulated activities in the department/unit of their service. These may include: providing basic health education to residents and staff, electronic IPAC audits, data entry, data reviews, among many other activities in the home.
Carlingview Manor Long Term Care
2330 Carling Ave
Share this volunteer opportunity