In Person Program Attendants (Cantonese Speaking)
Yet Keen is currently offering limited in-person programming with safety measures in place. We are currently recruiting attendants to support these programs.
• Conduct COVID-19 pre-screening for all clients attending the program (Asking questions such as “Do you have any symptoms in the past 14 days?”)
• Direct traffic and escort clients to the appropriate activity rooms
• Track attendance
• Ensure that safety measures and maximum capacity policy are followed strictly
• Remind clients about mask wearing and hand sanitization as needed
• Basic sanitization of the activity rooms between groups (Supplies and Personal Protection Equipment are provided by the Centre)
• Other duties as required
IMPORTANT: Please note that this position requires the volunteer to have the ability to speak Cantonese and/or Mandarin. See Linguistic Profile Requirement below.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Self-motivated and able to work independently
• Punctual and reliable
• Once a week (Could be more frequent if volunteer is available and interested)
• 3-5 hours each shift
• Currently we offer in-person programs on Wednesday and Friday during the day.
• Must be able to fulfill duties in a manner that is non-judgemental and hold the belief that diversity makes us stronger
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
Opportunity to stay engaged during the pandemic
Opportunity to give back to the community
Opportunity to share and build existing skills
Opportunity to build new skills
Opportunity to gain new skills towards career development
755 Somerset Street West
Share this volunteer opportunity