GIK - Operations
Our program is searching for a motivated and experienced volunteer to help the management of the program operations. GIK has over 220 nonprofit member organizations and a couple of individual and corporate donors. Your role will be to carry out and maintain the activities that take place from the time we received the donations to their distribution.
• Help with the sorting of the donations
• Move the sorted items to the storage
• Check and prepare the orders for distribution
• Ensure the warehouses are in order.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Intermediate Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Ability to lift and move bags/boxes up to 25 pounds each
• Able to access all areas of the building (ascending and descending stairs, safely and without limitation)
• Fluency in English
• French is an asset
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
It will allow them to practice essential skills used in the workplace, such as teamwork, communication, problem-solving, project planning, task management, and organization.
How will the organization benefit?
Our organization will benefit from the reliability of volunteers to help deliver essential services to our community and our daily operations. We are unable to function without volunteers.
815 St. Laurent Blvd Ottawa
Share this volunteer opportunity