Food Bank Volunteer
RRCRC is looking for volunteers to support our Food Bank. Our Food Bank is appointment based so that our community members can pick items that they would enjoy. Our Food Bank Volunteers will be involved in many tasks depending on their work days. Tuesdays are labour intensive as the Ottawa Food Bank truck arrives and volunteers need to help unload skids and bring items into the centre. The other days of the week are for appointment bookings. The focus is on building community involvement, greeting clients, and cleaning/organizing the space.
• Working with other volunteers and RRCRC staff
• Unloading the Ottawa Food Bank skids and placing items within the designated Food Bank areas
• Carrying heavy boxes up and down stairs
• Opening boxes and placing food items on shelves, in fridges, and in freezers
• Checking for expired or damaged goods and disposing of them accordingly
• Breaking down boxes and throwing them in the recycling bin
• Cleaning workspace
• Building hampers based on order forms
• Greeting clients at the door and handing them their orders
• Able to read, write, and identify product categories
• Good organizational skills
• Able to work effectively in a team
• Able to work with a diverse group of individuals
• Must follow directions of the RRCRC staff
• Able to lift 50 lbs. (if volunteering on Mondays when the truck arrives)
• Fluency in English essential, other languages an asset
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
At RRCRC, volunteers and staff are considered partners and collaborate to uphold the Centre’s principles, values, and mission. They contribute unique knowledge, experiences and skills that help RRCRC to better connect with Ottawa’s Ward13 community, reflect its diversity and serve its specific needs.
How will the organization benefit?
The Rideau-Rockcliffe Community Resource Centre (RRCRC) is a community benefit organization providing innovative programming through our two service locations in Ward13 and our regional programming. At RRCRC, we strive to meet the needs of the diverse communities we serve. We work in partnership with individuals, families, and communities to achieve their full potential, paying particular attention to those who are most vulnerable and at risk.
815 St. Laurent Blvd
Share this volunteer opportunity