Director of Volunteering - Board of Directors
Are you a retired or working individual looking for an exciting volunteer opportunity?
Abbeyfield Houses Society of Ottawa is a not-for-profit seniors’ residence affiliated with Abbeyfield International, with 1,100 houses in 25 countries worldwide.
Abbeyfield House Parkdale is looking for a Director of Volunteering. The Director of Volunteering is responsible for the efficient recruitment of volunteers, based on the needs of the organization and the direction of the Board.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Develops and implements a process for recruiting and screening volunteers;
– Recruits volunteers, posting vacancies to various volunteer job boards online;
– Screens and interviews candidates in cooperation with the appropriate board member;
– Ensures that all necessary reference and police checks are completed and stored;
– Responds to inquiries from candidates and/or members of the board;
– Manages and updates position descriptions for all volunteer positions;
– Supports the Human Resources Director in recruiting and interviewing prospective Board Members.
– Updates and maintains all volunteer files. Volunteer files include all documentation related to an individual volunteer including police checks, resumes, contact information, and signed on-boarding documents;
– Develops and distributes orientation material to all volunteers including information about code of conduct, confidentiality and other requirements as may be specified by the Board in partnership with the Director of Human Resources.
Knowledge of basic human resources practices is an asset.
Estimated time commitment:
10 hours per month
425 Parkdale Avenue
Share this volunteer opportunity