Day Program volunteer- Perley Adult Day Program
We are looking for committed individuals to join our dynamic Adult Day Program team. This day program provide an engaging day of social recreational activities designed to enhance clients well-being in a safe and supportive setting. This day program is for people living with dementia, operated by Carefor, and run out of the Perley Health facility.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Taking direction from the Supervisor or Team Leaders the duties would include:
• Aid in the set and tear down of activities
• Assists and socialize with clients during group/social activities such as art, cards/games, billiards, trivia, etc.
• Engage with clients through group or individual discussions regarding current events, life experiences, and the scheduled theme of the day.
• Assists with all kitchen and cleaning duties (including washing dishes/tables, table setting, serving meals, etc)
• Reports any relevant information regarding client’s behavior or physical condition
• Participate in daily scheduled meetings with the staff regarding schedule for the day
• Upholds the Carefor code of conduct and confidentiality policies
• Interest in working with individuals living with dementia and/or seniors living with mental health issues
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Compassionate and dependability
• Patience, good sense of humor
• Enjoys working as apart of a team
• Special skills: Musical abilities (play piano, guitar, etc), singing, art, etc an asset
o We are looking for individuals who can commit to volunteering at one of our day programs, minimum once a week, 4 hours per week, for 6 months.
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
Work with and be apart of a dynamic, skilled team to:
Impact the life of a person living with dementia, through socializing, engaging activities, etc.
Learn new or enhance existing skills, such as interpersonal/communications skills
Learn about dementia and mental health issues
How will the organization benefit?
Engage community members with diverse range of skills, experience and knowledge.
Raise awareness for Carefor, our programs & services, in the communities we serve.
Deliver our service in a more effective and efficient way, impacting more clients.
Perley Health - 1750 Russell Road
Share this volunteer opportunity