Cook / Food Prep
CCI Ottawa is looking for dedicated volunteers that are confident cooking meals for large groups of people.
Welcome House, our transitional home for immigrants in need of temporary housing, is located in South Ottawa (near South Keys). It is Staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and provides meals (lunch and dinner) approximately 90 people every day.
Our Volunteer Cooks will:
– Prepare meals for residents, staff and visitors (about 90 people for lunch/dinner);
– Help supervise and orientate residents who help with kitchen duties/tasks;
– Ensure kitchen is kept clean, especially after each meal;
– Keep an inventory and record of food;
– Observe all health and safety regulations.
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
Volunteers will gain valuable experience in a number of areas, including:
- Experience cooking for large groups of people and an opportunity to practice various culinary skills;
- Experience leading a team to prepare and provide meals;
- Experience working with culturally diverse team, and supporting the newcomer community in Ottawa.
How will the organization benefit?
CCI Ottawa will benefit from having access to a pool of cooks that can be utilized on a regular basis, allowing full-time staff and Management to devote more time to ensuring temporary housing is accessible to clients in need.
South Ottawa (Located near South Keys)
Share this volunteer opportunity