Child and Family Support
Assist professional care team with direct guest care to enhance the quality of life for the child and his/her family during their stay at Roger Neilson House.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Learn of guest admissions and needs upon arrival
• Communicate with Recreation Therapists and/or nursing staff upon arrival and
• Interact with guests, siblings, and family members
• Be present in the capacity that families require
• Accompany guests and entertain by the bedside, in the playroom, Snoezelen
Room, or as required
• Support families as needed
• Ensure confidentiality of materials and information related to the house and
• Respect schedule and adhere to commitment
• Record hours worked
• Perform other related duties, as required
Volunteer Reports to: Manager, Community Engagement and Volunteer Relations
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
Child and Family Support volunteers benefit from being part of a team in our pediatric palliative care hospice and enhancing their skills.
To apply, please go the volunteer page of our website to fill out the online application:
How will the organization benefit?
Roger Neilson House will benefit by having the volunteers as members of the professional care team, providing direct (non-clinical /non-medical) guest care to enhance quality of life for the guests and their families during their stay at Roger Neilson House.
399 Smyth Rd
Ottawa, ON K1H 8L2
Share this volunteer opportunity