Chair of Education
Authority and Responsibility
The Board of Directors is the legal authority for The Council on Aging of Ottawa. As a member of the Board, the Chair of Education provides leadership and support to staff and volunteers related to the educational programming of the COA.
1. Is passionate about supporting and improving the lives of older adults in Ottawa through education.
2. Experience in adult education is an asset.
3. Fulfills all the requirements of a Board Member
4. Keeps the Board abreast of all COA educational initiatives
5. Collaborates with Action Committee Chairs, the Director of Education, the Director of Age-Friendly Ottawa, the Executive Director, and others as required to:
a. determine and develop an ongoing Education Strategy
b. collaborate on engagement / action initiatives
c. ensure consistency across branding, pricing, and the overall Education Strategy
d. determine plans to expand the reach of the COA
e. deliver education to diverse seniors in both French and English
f. consider content of future education sessions or programs
g. ensure consistency with communication and branding guidelines
h. develop and monitor committee work plans
i. monitor and evaluate all educational programming
6. Provides reporting to the Board as required
To apply for the position please visit our website at www.coaottawa.ca/get-involved/become-volunteer/ , select the position that interests you, and click on the link to apply at bottom of posting. Questions can be directed to Roch Pilon at [email protected] . We look forward to hearing from you.
217 – 815 boul. St. Laurent Blvd., Ottawa, ON K1K 3A7
Share this volunteer opportunity