Chair of Community Engagement
Authority and Responsibility
The Board of Directors is the legal authority for The Council on Aging of Ottawa. As a member of the Board, the Chair of Community Engagement provides leadership and support to staff and volunteers related to the advancement of key community partnerships and priorities of the COA.
1. Is passionate about supporting and improving the lives of older adults in Ottawa through advancement of identified priority issues.
2. Experience in prior advocacy work, community relations and/or public relations is an asset.
3. Fulfills all the requirements of a Board Member
4. Keeps the Board abreast of all community engagement initiatives
5. Builds partnerships and supports the coordination of strategic work and relations with
a. networks and allies
b. universities and other research bodies
c. like-minded organizations
6. Increases outreach of the COA
a. determine plans to expand the reach of the COA
b. encourage the engagement of a diverse representation of older adults in both English and French
7. Leverages key relationships to:
a. help support the COA’s mission and vision
b. leverage the work of the COA
c. amplify the voice of older adults in Ottawa
8. Provides consistent messaging of the COA’s vision, mission and Action Committee initiatives
9. Works closely with the Chair of Engagement to ensure consistent focus and development of priorities and initiatives
10. Works closely with the Director of Community Development regarding Corporate and Organizational relationships and Community Presentations
11. Collaborates regularly with the Education Committee Chairs, and the Executive Director on matters relating to education and communication
12. May represent the COA on like-minded Boards or Advisory Bodies
13. May represent the COA at municipal or provincial levels
14. Provides reporting to the Board as required
To apply for the position please visit our website at www.coaottawa.ca/get-involved/become-volunteer/ , select the position that interests you, and click on the link to apply at bottom of posting. Questions can be directed to Roch Pilon at [email protected] . We look forward to hearing from you.
217 - 815 Saint-Laurent Blvd, Ottawa, ON K1K 3A7
Share this volunteer opportunity