Authority and Responsibility
The Board of Directors is the legal authority for The Council on Aging of Ottawa. As a member of the Board, the Secretary of the Council on Aging of Ottawa is responsible for the secretarial duties which ensure overall effective governance of the Board.
1. Is a member of the Board and fulfills the requirements of a Board Member
2. Reports to the Board.
3. Drafts minutes of all Board Meetings and ensures they are uploaded to BoardSpace within one week of the meeting.
4. Assists with the preparation of the meeting agendas and ensures they are uploaded to BoardSpace one week in advance of the Board Meetings.
5. Updates Board reference documentation to ensure it is accurate once changes are approved (by-laws, position descriptions, contact lists, etc.)
6. Ensures all Board documents are uploaded and tagged appropriately in BoardSpace
7. Acts as a signing officer for cheques and other documents.
8. Plays a leading role in supporting fundraising activities.
9. Promotes the organization in the community.
10. In the absence of the Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson, chairs Board meetings until the election of an alternate Chairperson.
11. Orients the new Secretary.
To apply for the position please visit our website at www.coaottawa.ca/get-involved/become-volunteer/ , select the position that interests you, and click on the link to apply at bottom of posting. Questions can be directed to Roch Pilon at [email protected] . We look forward to hearing from you.
217 – 815 boul. St. Laurent Blvd., Ottawa, ON K1K 3A7
Share this volunteer opportunity