Board of Directors
The Centre for Social Enterprise Development (CSED) is currently seeking people to join its Board of Directors for a 3-year term. We’re looking for individuals who have strong interpersonal skills, previous board experience (ideally) and an interest in social enterprise and social procurement as key tools to build community wealth.
We are particularly interested in hearing from individuals who have a background or experience in:
– social enterprise & social purpose business
– social purchasing
– entrepreneurship or social impact research in an academic setting
and/or belong to the following underrepresented communities within the organization:
– Commit to a 3-year term (with the potential to renew)
– Attend quarterly Board meetings (hybrid)
– Contribute skills and knowledge by participating actively in meetings and committee work
– Be an ambassador for the Organization in the wider community
– Be familiar with and abide by the by-laws, code of conduct and other policies that apply to the Board.
If you’re interested, please send your CV along with a cover letter outlining your interest and why you feel you’re a good fit to David Spring, Nominations Committee Chair, at [email protected] by no later than Sunday, July 2, 2023.
All applications will be reviewed by the Nominations Committee and you may be contacted prior to being considered for approval. The selection of the best candidates is driven by our desire to ensure that the board is comprised of culturally diverse members who bring a range of essential skills and experiences and reflect the organization’s focus.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest!
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
Be a part of growing the social enterprise movement in the Ottawa area.
Gain or deepen your experience in governance, nonprofit management and enterprise stewardship.
Connect with engaged, mission-driven board members who also appreciate collegiality and fun.
How will the organization benefit?
As a Board member, you'll help shape the strategic direction of the organization; provide legal and fiduciary oversight; support outreach and advocacy; and serve a champion for CSED and its mission.
7 Bayview Station Road (if meeting in person) or online (most Board meetings are hybrid)
Share this volunteer opportunity