Y’s Owl Maclure is looking for individuals to enhance the Board of Directors as part of an ongoing recruitment strategy.
We are specifically looking for Board members with experience in Human Resources, Fundraising and Marketing, Strategic Planning and Financial Management. The Board of Directors meets once a month (September to June) and Board committees meet once a month. The time commitment is approximately 4-5 hours a month.
Board membership is a great opportunity to serve the community and support the work of Y’s Owl Maclure in providing support and services to over 200 individuals.
Qualified candidates will have an opportunity to meet with Board leadership, participate in a Board meeting and tour Y’s Owl Maclure.
If you are interested in joining the Y’s Owl Maclure Co-operative Centre’s Board of Directors, please submit a resume to [email protected]
Resumes will be reviewed and qualified candidates will be contacted by January 10, 2024
How will the organization benefit?
Y’s Owl Maclure is looking to recruit community members to join our engaged Board of Directors
Y’s Owl Maclure Cooperative Centre has over 35 years’ experience collaborating with individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities.
Currently, Y’s Owl Maclure Co – operative Centre supports over 200 members and offers a wide range of services, on site and community-based programs. We provide a safe environment promoting a person’s right to become a fully participating member of their community.
Y’S OWL MACLURE CO-OPERATIVE CENTRE, IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE COMMUNITY, CREATES DAYTIME OPPORTUNITIES INCLUDING EMPLOYMENT FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES.
• Recognizing the unique spirit of everyone
• Treating all individuals with dignity and respect
• Respecting the individual’s right of choice
• Supporting the principle that all individuals are entitled to take reasonable risks inherent in personal growth.
• Recognizing an individual’s strengths and responding to their needs; and
• Fostering an environment that encourages all individuals associated with Y’s Owl Maclure Co – operative Centre, to strive for excellence.
WE FOCUS ON PROVIDING SUPPORTS AND SERVICES WHICH:
• Allow for self-direction
• Enhance integration in the community
• Provide peer support
• Offer opportunities for personal growth and improved self-esteem.
1140 Morrison Drive Suite 100
Share this volunteer opportunity