Under the supervision of the Administration Office, the Receptionist will be responsible for supporting various administrative projects and day-to-day duties for the organization. Such responsibilities include greeting visitors, answering all incoming calls and referring calls to appropriate staff members, maintaining inventory of office supplies, sorting mail, and preparing shipping labels. The Receptionist must demonstrate a commitment to serving The Rideau-Rockcliffe Community Resource Centre community members and upholding our mission. Ensure cleanliness of office areas for staff, visitors, and community members. This position is ideal for individuals with strong organizational, interpersonal and verbal communication skills in English and French.
1. Photocopy documents
2. Greet Visitors
3. Answering phones/door
4. Sort and disseminate mail
5. Prepare outgoing packages
6. Ordering and disseminating office supplies
7. Office organization/meeting planning (for internal meetings)
8. Prepare information packets
9. Special Projects (As assigned by the Office Administrator)
1. Experience in Microsoft Office user, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook.
2. Excellent verbal and written communication.
3. Experience with handling phone calls, and email correspondence. Excellent customer service skills.
4. Demonstrated ability to prioritize projects and multi-task in a fast-paced working environment.
5. Knowledge of working with multicultural communities and women’s rights issues
6. Excellent interpersonal skills, honest communication, positive attitude and ability to carry a professional tone.
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
This opportunity can benefit you as a volunteer receptionist, such as gaining valuable work experience in a professional setting, developing communication and customer service skills, networking with professionals, and building your resume.
It can also give you a sense of personal fulfillment by contributing to a worthwhile cause and positively impacting your community.
How will the organization benefit?
As a receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for visitors and callers and play a vital role in creating a positive impression of the organization. Your welcoming demeanour, efficient handling of tasks and excellent communication skills will enhance the organization's reputation and contribute to a professional and community member-focused environment. Additionally, you will provide administrative support to various projects, which will help ensure smooth and efficient operations and contribute to the organization's overall success. Your work will be essential in maintaining a high level of service and professionalism and helping the organization achieve its goals.
815 St. Laurent Blvd
Share this volunteer opportunity