Assistant Operations Manager
Our program is searching for a motivated and experienced volunteer to help the management of the program operations. GIK has over 180 nonprofit member organizations and a couple of individual and corporate donors. Your role will be to carry out and maintain the activities that take place from the time we received the donations to their distribution.
• Help the sorting team with the sorting of the donations
• Move the sorted items to the storage
• Record donations and donors to the inventory system
• Prepare the orders
• Drop the distributed donations from the inventory system
• Ensure the storages are in order
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Intermediate Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to lift and move bags/boxes up to 30 pounds each
• Ability to use smart phone application to scan the items
• Able to access all areas of the building (ascending and descending stairs, safely and without limitation)
• Fluency in English
• French is an asset
Commitment of a minimum of 4 months is required for the role.
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
It will give them the opportunity to practice important skills used in the workplace, such as teamwork, communication, problem solving, project planning, task management, and organization.
How will the organization benefit?
Our organization will benefit from the reliability of volunteers to help deliver important services to our community and for our daily operations. We are unable to function without volunteers.
815 St. Laurent Blvd
unit 3 - CRC Rideau Rockcliffe CRC
Share this volunteer opportunity