Board volunteering series: Being a responsible director
This session is free and open to the public. Anyone in Ottawa interested in the topic is welcome to join. Click here to register.
Serving on a non-profit board comes with specific duties and responsibilities. Becoming familiar with these is essential to be a responsible and effective director. This session explores the board’s general role with regards to the organization and the individual duties of directors during their board volunteering term.
Who should attend?
- Individuals interested in volunteering as directors.
- Current directors serving on non-profit and charitable boards.
How to attend?
This workshop will be hosted live online over the Zoom platform. Click here to register and receive the link.
What you will need
Learners should join this session from a Zoom-capable device and be able to participate through voice or chat. The link will be sent to all registrants in advance. If you haven’t received the link, please contact: [email protected]
Learners participating in this session will:
- Gain foundational knowledge on the general fiduciary role of boards of directors.
- Become introduced to the standards of care that apply to non-profit and charitable directors.
- Acquire insights into the specific duties of non-profit and charitable directors.
About your facilitator
Esther Shainblum, B.A., LL.B, LL.M, CRM, practices at Carters Professional Corporation in the areas of charity and not-for-profit law, privacy law and health law. From 2005 to 2017 she was General Counsel and Chief Privacy Officer for Victorian Order of Nurses for Canada, a national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization.
Disclaimer: the contents shared during this session do not constitute legal advice.
Learn more about what to expect after registrations and cancellations here.
This event has passed